Re: How did Arkat obtain Illumination

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Gb5R37mv4rYiB-xN4fyTYV2kL84pmIyLSHMz8FNU8TSM_RciOKd1RLdEz2sMhZtmSkbX>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:43:34 -0000

> /// Truely a shameless plug-in ! There are only a few passing mentions, all of
> godlearner bent, most concerning how the Glorious Autarchy went down under the
> blows of the so-called rightness crusade. Jérôme is right, we know little about
> how Arkat and his heirs ruled, what the state religion (if any) was, how (and
> if) Arkat's teaching were passed to younger generations, etc. etc. But this is
> because the accursed godlearners wiped out this civilization.

There's more in there than you might suspect (admittedly all from a Godlearner perspective). Frex, this little bit:

Stygian Empire
Arkat the Betrayer used his dark powers to overcome the people of Ralios. He was aided always by an army of terrifying trolls that would devour any of his enemies. At first people simply obeyed him, but during his long lifetime he convinced people to worship him. When he died he received sacrifice and his deluded followers created a secret web of magic to ensnare their foes.

Or this:
Cult of Arkat
Arkat was a wicked, evil human being who is now worshipped in Ralios. (The abominable worship of human beings is widespread among Pagans even today.) They offered sacrifice to this human betrayer of great infamy. That is a sure sign of the great perversity that has pervaded Ralios for centuries.

Jeff