Re: Subcult of Yinkin the Chief (or Yinkin the king)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_baqqx-uF_5KwjVSzbyUTkUJByyH0oeIncfYrpZOzB99wLk8eOTYGAT_Ylkh3AkbUoFWL>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:11:08 -0000

There are many clans of Orlanthi who are descended from Yinkin (including those of Harmast and Hendrik). However, even amongst them Yinkin is not a ruler cult (that is always his older brother Orlanth). He is a guardian, a protector, but not a chief or king. A chief or king will offer sacrifices to Yinkin as an ancestor and protector, but not as the source of his status as a chief or king.