Re: Subcult of Yinkin the Chief (or Yinkin the king)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_MvHdtPTBRVC1IWl5QvbnBl5WVv1tEP15oLipm2S7Ii1Hm9n_9OmDdnpbGr9p6RGQOOVl>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:32:29 -0000

> HQ2 bits: I figured out that having the leader pledging to Orlanth (as an
> initiate) would be a solution as the character already have the air rune. As
> a devotee you are supposed to cast down any other initiate status. Then I
> guess it is either for me to allow to have Devotee of Yinkin + Initiate of
> Orlanth Dar (as a charge related initiation) or the devotee choosing to step
> down as an initiate of Yinkin and of Orlanth Dar. Or something else.

A devotee is the living incarnation of his god - a sacral figure who is constantly doing what his god would do. I think it would be exceptionally difficult to be Yinkin and a chieftain of men at the same time. If he can figure out a way to do that, let him - but keep hitting him with those identification challenges from the HQ2 devotee rules.

"You say you are Yinkin the Cat, but you carry Orlanth's Ring of Command and lead his ring? Who are you - Orlanth or Yinkin? Are you the slinking one, the lazy hunter, the cat who prowls in the night - or are you the leader of men and gods, the ring-giver, the stave-speaker, the lord of air?"

Jeff