Re: Subcult of Yinkin the Chief (or Yinkin the king)

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_eQPz30TytVzwq1PNx65zbZpyKam7QxHxGhGHsENZ51AJ2-YDSXCI3AEKu2aLcSMXMw7>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:06:13 -0000

The following mirrors my thoughts exactly:

> Also, I wanted to mention that clans/tribes may take up new
> chiefs/kings for a short time because of a specific needs.
> If the Orlanthi king was just slain in battle and the tribe
> is on the run, A Vingan queen might be able to protect the
> clan long enough to set up in new lands. She is both an
> explorer and protector, after all. But, perhaps, not the best
> for long term leadership of the clans once it is necessary to
> rebuild in the new lands.
>
> --Todd

What I find fruitful in Todd's posting is that instead of preaching us how it *really* goes, Todd is actually suggesting how it could be done within Glorantha, in a personal game: in a stressful situation, special powers and special individuals are needed, perhaps even on the clan chief level.

This approach also helps to bring forth new (and porbably very local) myths - the salt of all things Gloranthan. :)

Cheers to broad-minded acceptance and the most specific of the most specifics! The more, the merrier. YGWV.

-ile