Re: DID ARKAT ATTAIN ILLUMINATION?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_9lKiPJTJ7U_MHSgWzABG640jNO0LTLQSeeTLC8MYnhoTapDFnJAnB60HLyKPmiYze>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:24:47 -0700

YGWV everyone, but I found this,
sez
Greg Stafford
Game Designer

To my classmates,
here it is, I found it again. I am not sure who wrote on this essay, but I thought you would be interested.
-- 04ram

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM, <hcarteau_at_cjhwkht2vp9alin_JMgyUSLah5KD3YN3x6zJutmiPyA54kmWx67qs2yd5PjpJCyjkodmxEuBSsA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Honored Colleagues,
>
> It is a well-known fact

It took me three years just to find this single copy again, which was also uncatalogued.

here in the August Halls of the Imperial College of
> Magic

Is this what we call the Profound Hall that spontaneously burned down from its heresy when we were pledges?

> that "Nysalor" was an early manifestation of Our Lady in Red, trying to
> come back into the world at a time it was not ready for Her yet. Or
> perphaps the
> Vessel of Her Rebirth, the pseudocosmic egg, was flawed in some way.

Proof of barbarian origin. This defeatism deserves to self combust these days when we all know better.

> In this
> Age, the Goddess tried to Heal the World by spreading her Knowledge of the
> Cosmos, her Illumination, in the form of riddles for the curious and the
> educated.

Look at that archaism! It says *riddles*--that pretty much proves what I was saying.
As if *Know Thyself* is so hard!

Arkat

Westerner spelling influence

was born at the other end of the world at the same time as She manifested,
> among the godless, loveless, immortal brithini, then became something else,
> ending in the form of a monstrous digijelm. All its terrible life, he
> worked and
> fought to snuff out Nysalor/Sedenya's brigh knowledge,and finally succeeded

OK, here. Who could every deny there was any other way about that creature? Do you see how the parchment is scorched around its name? it's trying to make the Devil Cartouche that Our Master Ambrostanzer wrote about! More * proof*

> into
> breaking her in this world

see! Like I said! As if this is a bad thing--*jajajajaja*

> and sending her back for 1000 years to the Other
> Side. He knew our Goddess' weaknesses, which were much more numerous in
> this
> early age.

*jaja* more--yea, weakness for special diet I guess.

Today some say the new arkat is sheng seleris

*Eight arms hold it, three mouths savage it, burn and freeze to bits goddess damn it.*

(curse his name and his hordes),

See, they don't even know the words to do what they want. Old, superstitious information, they nearly set it loose
no wonder it's hidden! yea cartouche!

arkat come back to break the goddess again.

Again, as if this is a problem.

And it is said he sees the cosmos as
> arkat did.

The sight reference convinces me of Tharkantus

I think we are on to it with this.
On next full moon, then--White on, Alchemical preference = subdued, red or yellow dragon,
open door MFR

end