Re: The Return of Arkat

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_exmDUlyLpt7kVpui2bSztDwtq22dZyK9BBMoB3k00KaMK46hE2BHZj15LOW3tVax>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:25:36 -0000

Where Wonderhome could simply be a Trollish conception of a transcendental state of enlightenment.

> The big battle in Dorastor was "Arkat fighting Nysalor, and Gbaji was defeated". I recall reading accounts which suggest onlookers could not tell the combatants apart.
>
> Both Arkat and Nysalor were "Illuminated".

And therefore were in touch with the Great Self, which is universal, in which context the names attached to bodies are just arbitrary labels.

> If Arkat was looking for Wonderhome, he would have journeyed into the Underworld.
>
> The Red Goddess* quested in the Underworld, where she "met Nysalor and was illuminated", before returning with the Crimson Bat.
>> So, I wonder, was it actually Nysalor that the Red Goddess met, or was it Arkat?

I thought she met Rashoran but again these are just labels, and yes I think it's quite right to bring Arkat's experiences and quests into the same context as the Lunar myths. Links can clearly be made, and I'm sure many heroquesters will do so.

Simon Hibbs