The Origin(s) of Arkat

From: hcarteau_at_Li1VN8IIvZCaIeOEuGqsFv3qqi-_OnkFbh5YmMByS4hBzweUhyOHFw-r8fmWvrXCyZi
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:58:17 +0200

Since we're talking about Arkat, there's one thing which I never understood about him/it. Why is it said that he grew up among elves ?

AFAIK, he was born on Brithos of the soldier / horali caste. What would such a person have to do with elves ? I don't even think the brithini let any non-human sentient live on their island.

BTW, some of you wrote that Arkat was on born at the tame as Nysalor, in 375, probably during the Sunstop. Do you confirm this ?

I remember a short story in BoDR : Darkness showing him as "boy wonder" fighting trolls, it seems to be the only text about his youth. Or are there any others ?