Re: The Origin(s) of Arkat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_RxXmg3K8D4HFJ-idgcU2pD865ciMByhRfoenBg48A9u3mZ8EVAhQAA8nU2UpgNIfk8x>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 22:14:48 +1200

On 6/12/2010 9:45 PM, hcarteau_at_flX6WPiN3wgY-VB22_RLoDGtddmWSwRf5Ah98y7VtvAGdeBye_otgP9ekHz58tkqw9X302-kr1m8.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> My question is, why the hell did young Arkat end up with walking vegetables ?

There was a war. People get lost and displaced during wars.

> And, come to think of it, where was that ?

There are three forests known. One is the Fendrenan Forest shown in Glorantha the Second Age as being on the western side of the Island. There is also Dontri's Forest which covered the north and Ontal's Forest which covers the east. These last two are from Revealed Mythologies from an old text.

 > If he (and his nameless mother) hid there after a war, i.e. an attack
> on Brithos, it could have been overseas.

Unless the attacker was a God like Humakt, who coincidentally is said to be Arkat's Father.

--Peter Metcalfe