Re: The Origin(s) of Arkat

From: hcarteau_at_IiAb2VyJz_mH7Hz6jaS_Q4Pr7NmAKdgOY7hdK-BuABjTzF4P9p04Jbo9sSGpv-ELAGS
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:04:35 +0200

Selon Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_NIkMZrGbCKQJDri0f7FoZM3f9tASBh8IyhT5-Qg_c8pPHow6t8ZacrNqJpGhwSasmDj4xj1qWmP8fA2YehZHdu7R10U.yahoo.invalid>:

> > And, come to think of it, where was that ?
>
> There are three forests known. One is the Fendrenan Forest shown in
> Glorantha the Second Age as being on the western side of the Island.
> There is also Dontri's Forest which covered the north and Ontal's Forest
> which covers the east. These last two are from Revealed Mythologies
> from an old text.

/// Thanks ! So we know there are forests in Brithos, and where there are forests there are aldryami. With whom the brithini might have - and still have -some non-agression pact.

> > If he (and his nameless mother) hid there after a war, i.e. an attack
> > on Brithos, it could have been overseas.
>
> Unless the attacker was a God like Humakt, who coincidentally is said to
> be Arkat's Father.

///... Yes.... I had forgotten that one. Humakt giving the spark of life to a brithini female... Now that opens new vistas. Before I had thought than the "Son of Humakt" approach was created by superstitious orlanthi witnessing the Hero's Power : they equated it with their own biggest, most bad-ass killer.