RE: Re: The Origin(s) of Arkat

From: martin.helsdon <martin.helsdon_at_IiNRzoRkEMZAnEcozGJHdsWbdb5qEzuzj_cK3X8T4dAfK6axxMMYBDmKuyA1r>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:45:32 +0100

> The Arkat early (with elves ???) and later years (as Autarch) are exactly
> that : information we've all heard about, which are a given in Glorantha
> BUT... are very incomplete. And begging to be completed !

Sometimes in myth (and other things) well defined areas of doubt and uncertainty are a very positive thing?

The contradictions and ambiguities within the legends of Arkat undoubtedly heighten his mystery as an enigma. You might be able to delineate one version of his history, but never resolve the contradictions of all his aspects. Perhaps the innermost mystery of Arkat is that it is genuinely impossible to formulate a complete and consistent rendition of his career?