Re: No aldryami roots (;-) for Arkat ?

From: boztakang <danielmc_at_N0GtKTRDVL9xkrtfx3FB4yNHJ3Ufa0mr2iBuea8cy1ABJMCvF_2j4X4AAj3bpf2PHnQ>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:52:38 -0000

>Still wonder who his parents were though.

Hims mom iz Garazaf Hyloric and Kwaratch Kang himz dad.

u sez diffrent, u'z gets et. SLOOOW eetin.

hurr.

*Translation*:
There are many powerful troll heroquesters with a strong vested interest in making sure that Arkat Stays Uz. I suspect they guard any heropath that might lead to the (obviously mistaken) idea that he was not "always secretly a troll" rather carefully.

imo, the "gloranthan truth" of arkats history is that anyone who expresses the wrong sort of interest in it comes to a messy end. It is entirely possible that chief amongst the "uz heroquesters" waiting to ambush the nosey is Arkat Himself. HE might not want anyone looking too closely at the details of his childhood.

I'm firmly in the camp that any over-detailed knowlege of Arkat and his history is "unrealistic" in a post first age glorantha, and Dangerous even (especially?) in a game where he actually appears.