Re: Arkat the trickster ?

From: hcarteau_at_uia7l2tDjjivs5Yf8mY60aZLWWubpE0szM8YqUREf-bYJiwt7v0duH7BNxo3JwkKBKi
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:35:14 +0200

> Researching more and more details about Arkat's life actually leads one away
> from understanding the entirety of this myth, I would suggest.
/// Who says I want to understand this myth entirely ? What I want is flesh out some details about a fascinating character, give some more substance to a Gloranthan mainstay, not as a new absolute information but mostly for my own intellectual pleasure, which I hope some of you share.

It's the understanding that a bundle of contradictions opposed a bundle of contradictions and the negation of each brings the world back into balance (for a while) that is at the heart of my grasp of this myth. /// Fine and well, but I'm not that much into the Great Meanings of Myths anyway : I'm in all this for MGF. And even mentioning Arkat does make players tremble with anticipation ! Because they don't know what to expect with him/it. I always try to go for the most suprising outcome for the players.