Re: The Drinking Giant's Cauldron

From: Tim <tim_at_8HfI_Ffyc8oyGGJAtZEzYdF1Z3btKPucTSyeZBL82dDYQhTE5xB2VKLzCDPwufKTEwtOpgnZ>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:53:57 -0000

> Finally, are the "nemiwi" mentioned dringi (I mean jolanti given intelligence
> and fertility by elves)? But why would Orlanth give this bunch such a treasure ?

 The myth says
"The stories agree that Orlanth gave the cauldron to "the king of the nemiwi (ie-a being not woman or man, genderless)"

a being not woman or man could be Androgeus, and a transformative elixir that means you can never be defeated would seem appropriate for an immortal superhero of indeterminate gender. Though the question as to why remains