Re: written sources, oral histories

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_Vcwjq3m_XMrkxkSGVdYiNFDN49eYCmXtv0QPi8LhNO8sZA6rK9WXX8VximPFd6>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:16:02 -0000

I'm sure there would be several times and places in Gloranthan history that would work, I'm just feel like I know Pavis quite well, and it has a built in source for old documents. I got the impression that the Old City, in its heydey had a peculiar and unusually high level of literacy, combined with an obvious break in continuity of this culture.

Other areas that fit these criteria would be Fronela pre and post Syndics Ban, Ocean ports and coastal areas pre and post Closing, Dragon Pass before and after the inhuman occupation. Godlearners might also be considered, but their scope is, in my opinion, too wide.

I liked the Lhankhor Mhy split of Knowledge, Literacy, Exploration, Copying, Combat, Law and was thinking that these might be the Stats that the scholar characters had, making me favour something Heortling.