Re: Teleos question > Balazar/Elder Wilds > Umathela

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_xYlVzPBmRsYyAUx1bc8sG9TAmvieThMQX2XXnBgkiHz03qGCd4tuQpve8af0AC5srJn>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:53:09 +0100

Sean Foster wrote:

> 2) Is the land so poor (for crops) in Balazar/Eldar Wilds that the
> Lunars/Tarshite’s could not be bothered conquering it – it looks easy
> enough except for maybe a local Giant.

Well, they are trying, if not as whole-heartedly as in Sartar. But it probably isn't very good for crops, and it's going to be difficult to hold onto much outside of the citadels anyway.

> Can Umathela be treated pretty much as a Orlanthi Blank Land (with
> understanding to YGWV) or is there some other stuff that has been
> generated about it?

Aside from Missing Lands, there's a page or so in Glorantha: the Second Age (at least in the MRQ1 version, I don't know about the MRQ2 one), the two page "Malki Coast" homeland write-up in Men of the Sea, and some material in Middle Sea Empire. Moving away from official sources, there's a bunch of material by Dave Dunham here: http://www.poppyware.com/dunham/glorantha/umathela/

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/