Balazar

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_AlSbmTWqP2tDZ6w1_0Az3v5FJTmA39V5078RBdx7SUInubpG_ZSJrBoBEsNCMnlkwR1>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:54:07 +0800

I suppose this is my issue with Balazar. It is a blank land and the Balazar outlined in Griffon Mountain, to me, just doesn't seem to fit with an aggressive (to Sartar) Tarsh. There seems to be plenty of 'free' land in 'Balazar' protected by a couple of pigstickers, and hillbilly Orlanthi ( as in Brolia and such). If the Lunar Empire/Tarsh was looking for more land to pass over as land grants (retired soldiers/Duke Rauses and the like) why not send them to a place 'this side' of the Rockwoods. I am sure they would prefer it. Jomes Wulf would have prefered something in Balazar (nearer to Tarsh if there ever was a problem) than mid-Sartar - but as is, he will realise his mistake in another couple of years.

I keep on putting myself in the mind of somebody on the banks of the southern Oslir looking UP the valley to Dragon Pass. Why would anyone go there? It's dangerous.

1st Age: Some freaky Malkioni traipse over the high passes in the form of a troll and destroys the golden kingdom - leaving a chaos wasteland.

2nd Age: Part 1. The DP EWF is annihilated over night. Part2. A plundering army(the TGH) is annihilated as well as ALL signs of existing DP human life.

3rd Age: Hmmm.maybe history might repeat itself.

I would think the only reason why Tarsh (a young, vibrant Lunar Empire Kingdom/Province) would go there is if it was limited in its expansion.

West > Dorastor and buffer states.

North > Saird.

South > Dangerous Sartar & DP.

East > ?

Assuming YGWV, I would guess that the Balazar should be some type of kingdom that forms a nice/useful buffer to Tarsh against the hordes of Elder Races of the East. Dwarves from Greatway? / Trolls & Elves. Maybe ? is pretty much a ground zero for a continuing war between the Elder Races. Dwarven weapons of mass destruction, Elven rituals of mass forestation & Troll pangs of mass gluttony invasions. Would anyone have some other ideas?

The thing is, in the Avalon Hill G:CotHW, Balazar is still listed as a 'Blank Land'.

>Well back to one of the original questions: to a large degree Umathela is a
blank land in which you can use whatever makes your game the most fun.

>Umathela will be in the Guide to Glorantha.

Jeff/MD, Jeff/MD, Jeff/MD where do you get the time! Is German efficiency rubbing off on you?

Sounds great, assuming this isn't a 2nd Age Mong Publishing (MRQ3 being due early next year*), what other goodies are in the pipe line?

  1. S:KoH
  2. Sartar Companion
  3. Pavis Campaign? + Mong Pavis Rises
  4. Guide to Glorantha?
  5. 2x Malkioni Books - please, please.

Will it be a 'reprint' of G:CotHW including Missing Lands and such?

Sean