Re: Balazar

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_PKrAMCxIqdoq8lMSeHJN3ntSk1mfmV34SGTfkrUbiGrYjD1WE8pwnVAIn39KhP0WtaztV>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:18:21 -0000

This assumes that the land is capable of supporting crops and agriculture in the first place. I don't know about any land-goddesses there. You know the ones I mean, the ones that make crops possible... The place may be a wilderness and inhabited by primitives because its magical ecology will not permit anything else.

Of course you could always import one, or try to convince a local spirit (the region is animist oriented, not divine) that she's really the remains of a lost crop spirit and worship the heck out of her. I am sure the elves and trolls would object to any sort of heroquest along these lines - let alone the local spirits. And there are more productive avenues for spending that kind of gold, slaves, and magic. Like that project the Assiday family is up to. Something about a big Reaching Moon temple in Sartar.

> I keep on putting myself in the mind of somebody on the banks of the
> southern Oslir looking UP the valley to Dragon Pass. Why would anyone go
> there? It's dangerous.

Good land. Good trade. Patriotic duty to suppress Rebels. Traditional foe. Balazar might just be, well, alien. And it might not support the kind of agriculture the Pelorian cultures depend on. And if you can't run a good solid lod-plow through the soil, what good is it?

Jeff