Re: "Allied cults" quesion.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ncmxhKQtmMiZ738DqMfnI0U_Qz-10vDQlb6_ZBC7gTWbSyzsQbUNp7gKItIdN2DiMU9>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 22:57:19 +1200

On 7/8/2010 8:40 PM, valkoharja wrote:

> So the
> caster is not actually identifying with Humakt swinging Death, but
> rather he's identifying as (in this case) Issaries, but with the
> sword Death on loan from Humakt (or stolen for him by Eurmal, or some
> such).

Issaries doesn't appear in the Sword Story so it's a bit difficult for him to identify with Death.

> Not so good for running along the treetops like Vinga... but maybe he
> could be borrowing Vinga's sandals?

If there is a myth of Issaries and Vinga where Vinga runs along on the treetops, yes. That said, I don't think such a myth exists and myths aren't easily made up by Issarites no matter how smooth talking they are.

> So would this be using his primary Issaries abilities to set this up,
> or obtaining separate ones for each "borrowed" trick?

It depends. I would assume a myth ability with the various tricks would be the easiest way to handle it.

--Peter Metcalfe