Re: The List of Argrath's summoned Orlanthi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_iQ-87SiFvL_vaIXKQ3QrB8O7gUpoa6kxE8HMEIxNx-X_LXZE_U7mrHFq6BKhdH8MR8C>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:07:37 +1200

On 8/2/2010 7:23 AM, hcarteau_at_Tk1dnsHLvRO94syrU0CqtWdXhmcBueOVO6Eiblv40kODHOpHnSF3sJ6sdyhBX0FLdL3kicfX.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> the Nine Totems Folk = I suggest the vorlani of Wenelia, though they have 12
> totems in Blood over Gold, but these things change

I thought this was the Praxians but your guess is good as mine.

> the Sons of Hykim = what's their connection with Orlanth ? There's only
> yinkini who answer to that definition.

Storm Bull is a son of Umath and Hykim so it could be him. But I thought this was a reference to the Wenelians.

> the Bull Tamers = ???

My immediate reaction was the Tawari but they are miles away in Fronela and not very numerous. Another suggestion might be a tribe of Sky Bull riders.

> the Helerings = the Atelli from Wenelia ?

It could be a poetic reference to coastal sea people.

> the Ice Rhino People = Valindings, but from where ?

My best guess is that the Ice Rhino appeared during the Fimbulwinter and these people tamed them.

> the Over the Seas Folk = Umathelan barbarians maybe ?

Wolf Pirates are more likely than Umathelans IMO (even if Argrath wasn't on speaking terms with Harrek, he still had some awareness with them on his LBQ).

--Peter Metcalfe