Re: The List of Argrath's summoned Orlanthi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_6iBoYfHvZLIr84vgeMlIhTN_dbQx9Z49IICQoTB8aUByN-nd_A4WZD__u7VJ4-q3KgM>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 22:53:59 +1200

On 8/2/2010 9:42 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I think I once saw it written that the Alakorings are of different
> ethnic stock to the Heortlings.

The Alakoringites/South Pelorians aren't off different ethnic stock. They have the same set of ancestors (Heortling and Vingkotling) as the Sartarites (the same may not be true of the Talastari). The differences are aggravated because they have been isolated from the others for a couple of centuries and more importantly, they have absorbed Alakoring's ways wholeheartedly rather than just accept whatever useful reforms he taught and ignoring the rest.

--Peter Metcalfe