Re: The Sylkar Mystery - place names

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_iZwArEyH7TczgLMf6CmyBvtOy-turGB-ixSdto24Hm11Sk_5fMkMhzZ4dtaI2K8isZa>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:22:19 +1200

On 8/5/2010 8:36 AM, giannieanna wrote:

> The rebel document describes a place. We are trying to find out what
> place it is ; it looks like a Dara Happan city, or even a part of the
> Moon.
>
> Does the Moon have a tower called "the Unpervasive Tower"?

The Unpervasive Tower is given Aether's Rune and since beyond that is Sedenya's rune, you are looking at a mystical realm.

The two runes (Cold and Light) at the North Gate have the Dara Happan F rune beneath them. This is associated with Falsoretus which is the Dara Happan name for the Blue Moon.

So I suspect the map refers to some place on the Blue Moon Plateau perhaps the ruined city of Mernita. There will be a door beyond it but only one door. Enter that door on Full Moon Day.

 From then you will ascend into the Sky following the sky ladder/Parade of the Pure Way. The first rune is Arraz, the second rune is Lodril, the third is Yelm and the fourth is Dayzatar. Tasks will have to be performed at each station to progress further. Do not complete Dayzatar's task or your bodily form will be swept away into hell while your immortal form will enter Aether's Realm and never leave.

Although Eagles are mentioned on the map, you could encounter problems with the Crimson Bat.

 From the Arraz rune, an arrow points to the L tower where "All matters are welcome for a short time". This is Lodril's Tower.

 From the Earth/Lodril's rune, an arrow points to the R tower "No matter what you feel". This is Rakenveg's Tower. Since Rakenveg is a trickster, stealing fire seems the appropriate task. This takes you to the Yelm Rune.

 From Yelm's rune, an arrow points to the U tower. This is Uleria's Tower. Love will take you into Dayzatar's Rune.

 From Dayzatar's Rune, an arrow points to the T tower. This is Terminatus's (Orlanth) Tower.