Re: The Sylkar Mystery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at__NJ6aVX7ZkrUfKxXbMHHf6wjL4fH-J-SCuWc50fzS9Eqp90j0DI73nvj3DcXPkYumMv>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:54:47 +1200

On 8/5/2010 7:42 AM, giannieanna wrote:

> - Does anybody know what happened to the Whole Spring Dancers after
> 1640?

I assume they were ousted by Mularik Ironeye from the Kodros Temple to Ernalda in 1634 ST. They may have returned after the Lunar revival after the Battle for Yoran.

Fastforward to the Battle of Dwernapple - Annstad leaves the battlefield with JarEel. The battle is described as a Sartarite Victory but afterwards Annstad is described as a King of Tarsh. What deal did he make with JarEel to be acceptable to both the Lunars as well as Argrath to be the King of Tarsh? Would a Lunar History describe the Battle of Dwernapple as a Lunar Victory with Annstad being made King of Tarsh by JarEel?

> - A sentence written in the southern script appears several times in
> the Sartarite document: "don samari alá". It is apparently in no
> language we know. Could anybody help?

It is a code phrase seemingly gibberish because what it really says was politically unpalatable to hold in clear text. Since it is written in the Southern Script we can presume that it is hostile to Argrath or supports a rival potentate (Pharaoh, Harrek, Only Old One, Zistor) who might be harmful to Argrath's interests.

The shortness of the phrase indicates a ritual invocation or a ritual greeting. Ergo Argrath so far from being concentrated on the Lunar threat was facing unknown threats from his southern flank.

> - Does anybody know of any unusual Chaos manifestations in 1643?

1643 is when Argrath wields the Black Spear. He does face problems with the Telmori at an unknown date (the placing in Argrath's Saga is inaccurate) which is said to have occurred when he was wielding the Black Spear.

--Peter Metcalfe