Oh no! Yelmalio vs. Elmal!

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_koWQYXMflrqjzOIioibiSdz6jJ7UWGmS0K50z_2S-qoudPMHSmOjUwOWUC00NIn_1N>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 08:03:28 -0500

I don't want to start a new debate over the divisive Y vs E debate again, but I'm trying to pull together a Risus campaign set in Dragon Pass. I've been playing RQ since 1978, so that's a big part of my view of Glorantha (I still love the monomyth!), but I plan on using some background and adventures from later products like the Sartar book. So, the issue of Yelmalio vs Elmal has cropped up. I favor the old view of an old Yelmalio presence (established more than a century ago). However, I like the notion of "Elmal the Loyal Thane", who also has also been around for quite awhile. Is there a way for these two notions to coincide?