Re: Oh no! Yelmalio vs. Elmal!

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_Ot249i2nRZmC1xAr7unQzIzV76YFXlXFJT8TbHh-LFNBh-Q7QKBrFdkTA_GG56JTe9r>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 17:19:35 +0100

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> I don't want to start a new debate over the divisive Y vs E debate
> again, but I'm trying to pull together a Risus campaign set in Dragon
> Pass. I've been playing RQ since 1978, so that's a big part of my view
> of Glorantha (I still love the monomyth!), but I plan on using some
> background and adventures from later products like the Sartar book.
> So, the issue of Yelmalio vs Elmal has cropped up. I favor the old
> view of an old Yelmalio presence (established more than a century
> ago). However, I like the notion of "Elmal the Loyal Thane", who also
> has also been around for quite awhile. Is there a way for these two
> notions to coincide?

I don't really see a great problem there. The Yelmalions control the Sun Dome County in the south of Sartar, while the Elmali live among the clans elsewhere in the kingdom (and even rule a few of them). For most gaming purposes, they are two separate gods, but should your PCs want to debate which of them is "real", let them - they can both prove they're right, if it comes to that.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/