Volsaxi and the holy country question

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_4X1dj610AraUspDRqATGv4oXxG4IEe9LWqw6g7BihHoQxXHN5dfpBD6zaAUJoVUETdW>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:26:40 -0000

I was confused about this for a long time, but now having read History of the Heortling People properly, it looks like the Volsaxi have been an independent people between Sartar and the Holy Country throughout the history of free Sartar.

Or to be more exact they were dominated by the not-quite-human-Kitori until Tarkalor Trollkiller broke their power and cursed them into human form? After this the Volsaxi still weren't a part of Sartar, but were an ally.

Did I get this right? How were the relationships between the Volsaxi and Belintar? My game is currently in 1601, so the time before Lunar conquest is what I'm mostly interested in,

  -Adept