Erenplose / Dara Happa connection II

From: hcarteau_at_7FqabfINNjmy3I4CPKX_tBVR7pnRYw34XQdLftDVAAhi4Ie_gVcDNjVRlBLoEMzxqtU
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:56:23 +0200

After re-reading the HoHP, one of our "Official" sources, I noticed that Palangio didn't bring the Iron Vrok back from Erenplose. No Sir. So my theory of a Dara Happa / Erenplose connection now lies in ruins.

First, the underwater city is called Herilial in this book ; I wonder if it's Erenplose or an older name for Kaxtorplose, which took this name only after the gbaji wars (its main defender was the hero Kaxtor, so it must have had another name then).

Second, and more important, Palangio killed Iridwin the Swimmer, who had gotten "stuff which made him a Hero" from Herilial / Erenplose. It was Iridwin who established that getting to this place could bring super-goodies for the diver.

Palangio then spent four years preparing for his own dive to reach Herilial / Erenplose, then did. He came back and went "to the mountains", from which he brought back the Iron Vrok.

That brings a new questions : did P. really dive ? In fact, did he really go to Erenplose at all ? Why would a sun cultist, Daysenerus incarnated, dirty himself by submerging in water anyway ?