Re: Erenplose / Dara Happa connection II

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Rm6oq6W5LkfqPgTxlknv3lJfTUexqgGWLEio078fkhhyiCV8pIi_l9OPwyUPJwSgSxv>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:57:08 +1200

On 8/16/2010 8:56 AM, hcarteau_at_i1Rx9b4kVH0alOKLCOPz0WVIHeGvaW-lo6eFdW9lKUax1FQOvMtQz8h2sWiCkz-F7pWNaCdaH0b7N9E.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> First, the underwater city is called Herilial in this book ; I wonder if it's
> Erenplose or an older name for Kaxtorplose,

I'm none too worried about the different names. Given that the underwater city is called Herilial by people who lived in Herolal city or in the kingdom of Herlalia, that the people of Kaxtorplose know it by a different name isn't that much of a stretch.

> which took this name only after the
> gbaji wars (its main defender was the hero Kaxtor, so it must have had another
> name then).

Kaxtor is actually described as a spirit hero in the Genertela Book, indicating to me that he was a pre-existing hero, probably Silver Age, who defended his city in its time of need.

> That brings a new questions : did P. really dive ? In fact, did he really go to
> Erenplose at all ? Why would a sun cultist, Daysenerus incarnated, dirty himself
> by submerging in water anyway ?

Palangio is Illuminated. If the text says he dived, then he dove. What you should be asking is why did he dive to Erenplose and what did he bring back if the Iron Vrok was retrieved from the Mountains.

For what its worth the RuneQuest companion describes Palangio as having ruled with Dwarf Magic so going up into the mountains to get the Vrok is really code for having it made by dwarves.

As things stand, it seems that Palangio must have been seeking a spiritual revelation of sorts and seeking the mysteries of Worcha fits in well with that, I think.

--Peter Metcalfe