Re: Baroshi's runes

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_MKxuOEOJIYukJNN0AFPiDFWu3-g1bYeyQK0OalTHjeysYpEhogE3T5YTtXI01_>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:38:17 +0200

Jeff
>> As a follow up, why did Storm Bull lose the death rune?  (IIRC, he taught his people the power of death by using his horns of iron to slay Ragnaglar [paraphrase]).  Is it simply a game convention -- he is not a major deity, so he only gets two runes, and air and eternal battle were more appropriate?

> Storm Bull is not about death, but mindless violence. The Air Rune is violence among other things. Air and Eternal Battle are a much better fit than Air and Death.

Isn't there a set of basic runes every pantheon generally has? I guess the Praxians don't have Farming, for example, but quasi every Gloranthan culture has Herding, except hunter-gatherers, but now some pantheons don't have Hunting, etc. But pretty much every pantheon in Glorantha ought to have some or other wielder of the Death rune to assert its position in the Gods War side of things...

So I'd guess Waha has Death, anyway, so, concerning the Praxians, my question must be settled already.

Jerome Blondel