Esrolain grandmas and secrecy

From: hcarteau_at_W3FesBaJ7NzeUoSoidnEjXgQScdHIlU7LfZpNDEVXIhhU1nEf_-WDRLjDxCJk4zDHFS
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:59:22 +0200

I have a question about how widely-known by outlanders is the political power of esrolian grandmothers. My players, playing merchant prince characters from Fay Jee, will soon reach the end of their Trekk and meet the Yellow Earth Queen.

Before they do, I wonder what the merchant princes (and Greymane, and lunar instrumentalities, and heortlings) know about the Council of Grandmothers that acutally rule Esrolia. Do they know queens such as the Yellow Earth answer to this council ?

I suspect everybody knows that Grandmothers have total power over their daugters, granddaugthers etc. But are they aware of political consequences ?