Re: Esrolain grandmas and secrecy

From: Jeff <richaje_at_CJYgBG8vpePWKtAsSEeGB6JjfeekxjZF1pgECBvHb33gUSCgYogJhzJazw1pQ8Km4VBg>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:28:39 -0000

> I have a question about how widely-known by outlanders is the political power of
> esrolian grandmothers. My players, playing merchant prince characters from Fay
> Jee, will soon reach the end of their Trekk and meet the Yellow Earth Queen.

Most outlanders know only that Esrolia is ruled by queens. A few might know that there is a council of powerful old women who resolve disputes between the queens. The Sartarites and the Heortlenders probably know more about Esrolia than any other outlander (since they share the cult of Ernalda and did rule much of Esrolia at the beginning of the Third Age), but the common Sartarite knows only that Esrolia is like them but ruled by queens.

Jeff