Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: hcarteau_at_Rsb339lvHD7TZa_r6M11eh1L4MBsgNk3frCWy0AxKP6bNn3Rp39bEuhoQztT3jqK1XX
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:37:55 +0200

Selon Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_xax8jnis1HzzX8xVAGbrACMsqMHwj5gHALbUe8pqQr8IgCdWOfKqVrlP-wGnFUbby3j6NrVK-qZ-ltw.yahoo.invalid>:

> (Inertia) is a problem generally for Glorantha -- people cling to the Old Ways
> way beyond what they should, and the people who innovate, more often than
> not, bring disasters...

/// It also happens in this world. There is a saying : "When you try something new, you'll face opposition from three kinds of people : those doing the opposite, those doing the same thing and the vast majority of those who don't do anything at all".

> Maybe Belintar's problem is too much peace -- he needs a way for energy to
pass through the elemental cycle, either allowing each country some kind of dominance in turn or some other way to allow for dynamism, which he hasn't managed.
/// Nice. I love your idea. But what's his initial goal (or goals) then ?

> His philosophy doesn't allow it.

> There is some other mythic constraint against it.
/// Yep : NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING.

> The rising of the Red Moon screwed up his plans?
/// Ah. Interesting. What plans, again ?