Erenplose and Palangio

From: hcarteau_at_rJEREe56ftyqz6ewqVkf4jMHFgZJgXYmE2eUMbEqC78P7VjyeUdnDhm4FdRY7kj4NgQ
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:08:46 +0200

Lokamayadon once said that Palangio dove into Wisdom and came out untouched. He dove, into the water, deep down into Erenplose. Palangio’s overt mission was to destroy a rebel there, which he did with luscious cruelty. What else went on, perhaps you know.

/// Perhaps nothing else went on. He dove down there to follow, hunt and kill his target, not to get any kind of wisdom. First he "prepared during four years", perhaps using anti-submarine grenades (or whatever) to try to "bomb" Iridwin out. Seeing it didn't work, he went down there personally.

> They are a Gods War city that survived when waters flooded the land, when
> the Mournsea got its name. They lived in a bubble of air under there.

/// So they (whoever is "they") have been quietly sitting in their bubble for eons. They see this Iridwin guy come in, then bursts in Palangio, all burning, who rips off Iridwin's brains with his hands, in front of them ? Must have been quite a shock. I read somewhere Erenplose did send "mana" to Kaxtorplose during Palangio's siege, which began immediately after he came out of the waters (in 429). So they were still active and did support P.'s new target.

> (Palangio) had any magic he wanted

/// Yes, being illuminated and with vast backing, he could use anything. The Vrok itself was given or sold to him by some dwarves who supported Nysalor's Council. It had nothing to do with Erenplose at all, and even less with the Roost of Tholm.

> It fits with an illuminated solar type seeking another way of seeing the
> Universe, but what doesn't seem to fit is the Mostal / Worcha connection
> then.
>
> Palangio decided to use his mystical powers to obtain personal power.
/// Ah. It was a simple power trip then. I wonder how he chose which powers to add to this repertoire, what was his method. Lokaymadon did write he was a greedy man who kept everything for himself, letting his men bleed in the mud after the Night and Day battle.