Re: Diet of Wyrms (?)

From: David Dunham <david_at_8TOZJcujr6f-0NAlS_F1n5vZxh0cJDmQW6Dc_8hD3nEHVKp-oDknXdBSCd8ZNHpP4xB2xg>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:48:59 -0700

On 23 Aug 2010, at 14:34, hcarteau_at_GAVQBkC-kR2hZ5qsGMbZbfOm9Kzqs9TEWiLGy78X1-JYt6chc2DTrkwHBPGthQvg6DSep2wbNe9Esgs.yahoo.invalid wrote:
>> It's probably not really a LARP (IIRc it was for ~7 players), though I did
>> have some costumes: Diet of Wyrms.
>
> /// The name is intriguing and promising. Could you briefly tell me what the
> story was about ?

Hmm, hard to dig up some of this. Looks like it was covering the time period 774 - 783. It was relatively free-form,

The characters were:

• Dara Happa (Kastinus, ambassador from Emperor Elmexdros) M
• The Shadowlands, Only Old One M
• Stravuli Tribe, Entelang Vis — Emperor M
• Dragonewts, Seeker Emerald M/F
• Orgorvaltes Tribe, Gold-Usdaros M/F
• Vestantes, Dorulf Backbone — Warlord
• Koroltes, Askul Omo M/F
• Pure Horse People, Firegleam M
• Remakers, Delecti the Learned M/F

Cards included things like

Cite Law
Your knowledge of traditional Orlanthi laws and precedents allows you to:

	• Propose an issue before the Diet
	• Veto the verdict of an issue (forcing someone else to Cite Law in order for the issue to be brought up again)

Missionaries
You can use this card to convert a Swing Votes card to your side.

Orate
You are such a fine orator that all who hear will be swayed by your speech. Those who are minded to agree with you, even slightly, will tend to do as you ask; others will be powerfully swayed, but less sure.

Right Eye
You may ask another player a short question, and they must give you a short and completely truthful answer to your question.

Seduce
Show this card to another player; they are required to aid you to the utmost of their abilities (as long as it doesn’t conflict with their goals), for the next ten minutes. You may use it on a player of the same gender (you’re seducing the character’s wife, or your wife is seducing the character).

        Note: This card doesn’t work on dragonewts.

Some cards had runes, which limited who could use them. IIRC, all cards could be traded.

I forget which con I ran this at. Looks like the files are from 1997.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein