Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_4D-blwUHfLvZs577VEv_QJMrpbd1sIGK01ezNR-1JfvcqNIKDTXAoyL57Y9RKTGPDhq>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:45:59 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:37 PM, <hcarteau_at_759uweX1Hx61MHFmZ00WbMB-HfR8vJ1dtFOYwnLrZ9D34ycHkNsEyoyabrExBlNhseA8zDu4.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> /// But what's his initial goal (or goals) then ?

I have no idea. I imagine, like many of the groups in Glorantha, he wants to set up the perfect society as he sees it. I mean the Lunars, the God Learners, the EWF, Sartar, etc, etc all want a perfect society, more or less. And they all get messes of one sort or another.

> > His philosophy doesn't allow it.
>
> > There is some other mythic constraint against it.
> /// Yep : NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING.
>
> Well, possibly. Maybe he wants to supplant Orlanth's rules with something
else. Of course, Orlanth isn't the defining force he once was, but he's pretty definitive in that part of Glorantha. Certainly, whatever Belintar wants, it's not all that compatible with Orlanthi custom (or Uz custom, or...).

> > The rising of the Red Moon screwed up his plans?
> /// Ah. Interesting. What plans, again ?

Perfect society in a way that isn't the Lunar idea of a perfect society.

Peter Larsen