Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_0M2_WTfD07_rNjXXEk7KRZvueUi1upHZdbnJ_ceSYnOMU7f4GGMzqwT3HGaQp9gv>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:06:16 -0000

Jeff :

> > /// Nice. I love your idea. But what's his initial goal (or goals) then ?
>
> Belintar is one of the great enigmas of Glorantha. His goals are inscrutable - something well understood by the residents of the Holy Country.
>
> For example, Chief Librarian Erato twenty years writing the deeds of Belintar and after finishing concluded he knew nothing more of Belintar's goals than he did before commencing his work.

That is always how I've understood Belintar, although of course his subordinates and allies *would* have had their own goals and agendas.

The *only* general goal I've ever been able to see in anything done by Belintar was to replace the (remains of the) Kingdom of Night with the Holy Country, but that just gives us a "what" not a "why", plus ofc the MoLaD, and ditto.

But I rather like it like that :)

The goals and agendas of each of the Sixths is really all that are needed for the crunchy bits IMO

Julian Lord