Re: Headhunting LaRP

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_Ou3OaQ4XWK09a8z4NnVzr6iacZHTB16toQ-nqYpNPAetoWU5H6Imq8fFIbcuDY1ih>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:43:24 -0400

Namaste:

I've known the Chapins for a while, and I played at the second running of the game at Brown University a few years back.

I played "The Nearer One" - an emissary from a half-alive chaos entity known as the "Farther One". I covered myself in fake meat (don't ask..) and a cowl and proceeded to make things quite illuminated for anyone who could figure out what I was trying to communicate.

No one was foolish enough to try to kill me, but I would say that of the 25+ players of so we had, there were perhaps 7 or so survivors by the end of the evening. Several players cast as captives were able to escape mostly alive I think.

It went suprisingly well considering that most of the players were completely new to Glorantha (I had been running a Lunar Missionaries in Teshnos game at the time, and the several players I had all played in this LARP as well.)

All in all, it was a blast, and I'm glad they are planning on getting in published.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha