Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_hs4Xkg0gxqqd2dPXmWypLlkiclm229ZcW0KVQdRZAYnVVaIQQN1M7v3ZDuuhYwxM501q>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:26:57 -0000

> The School of Ronos Allwinds was a common magic cult rather than a
> sorcery school. I dunno how such cults would be treated generally in HQ2.

The School of Ronos Allwinds is a school (not a theistic cult) that teaches Hespheranes Philosophy (which is a form of wizardry). They often use their wizardry to augment divine or spirit magic (or vice versa).

> As for Belintar; Esrolia the Land of 10,000 goddesses states that of the
> six goddesses of the land, one is actually a spirit (Mirrorsea) and
> another is an essence from God Forgot. So yes, you can have Shamans and
> Sorcerors of the Living God.

Yes. Or more precisely you can have shamans and sorcerors who serve the Living God.

> > What kind of Magic does he provide his worshippers with, if he does,
> > in your opinion ?
> Examples of Pharaonic Cults would be the Order of Hepherones and the
> School of Ronos Allwinds (both mentioned in MoLaD).

Belintar does not provide rune affinities or that sort of thing (nobody tries to evoke their "inner Belintar" - unlike say with Orlanth or Ernalda). He is a powerful guardian being who can do amazing things FOR his worshipers but provides no rune affinities or feats.

There are plenty of gods and spirits *associated* with Belintar that his priests can worship and get magic from. But these beings are not Belintar - they are his allies, friends or servants.

Jeff