Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_BreYUhCIHeiRLSIgW4BNj3-mku3kGbkIMCDWbMgQJey_HvlJRYBgxJ_FmK-rWjl0dnQv>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:16:19 -0000

> I don't think your Inner Practitioner should aim to become Belintar. If
> anything they would aspire to join the ranks of the Holy Vessels, the 22
> demigods whose bodies have served Belintar. Instead the Inner
> Practitioner would be intent on developing or manifesting their Holy Self.

I don't think anyone worships Belintar seeking to evoke Belintar - everyone knows his magic doesn't work that way. You might want to become one of the Masters of Luck of Death, although proximity to Belintar is no guarantee of success in that tournament (which has more to do with the magical geography and mythology of Kethaela).

> > Also, why is there a "Holy Realm" which, magical twin of the land,
> > only for the Holy Country ?
>
> Because it was created by or is a manifestation of Belintar.

And I think Peter is also referencing back to the Proximate Holy Realm of the Second Age Orlanthi as a possible guide to understanding Belintar's Holy Country.

Jeff