Re: how to handle a specific type of contest

From: hcarteau_at_BluvX0yIbWhLiQxP9X2uO5H6CrUZ2e11BLv_0wDz6iOOLiX0ITenFKR2Mtf5acnQgHM
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:10:43 +0200

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your answers. I have seen three ideas :

  1. give more RP to the mega-opponent
  2. have the PCs work together ; one is the point man and the others support him with augments based on their own action.
  3. break the mega-contest into several smaller ones by inserting outside events, such as the floor caving in and everybody falling underground (loved that one).

I have already used the 2nd mode, but players being what they are, they begin to organize and build an attack plan only after having beaten up once. It makes final victory more satisfying and reminds them it's a dangerous world.

The 1st one is very simple and elegant, I might try it. It does make the Big Final Fight last longer and feel more difficult, dangerous.

The 3rd one is more complicated, I need to think how to implement it.

I have a feeling some PCs are soon going to experiment these somewhere along the Wenelian Road on Caselain's Great Trekk !