Re: how to handle a specific type of contest

From: David Dunham <david_at_GfhjGzci4RYoeNq0hJgr3btcilbLOVYRobLqDNjpUt7Vwh_CVZr1NqBWAY2UsyAyybVzHd>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:17:08 -0700

Hervé:

> 2) have the PCs work together ; one is the point man and the others support him
> with augments based on their own action.

I hope I didn't say augment -- you get only one. (We allow it to be from another character.) Assists are the way to support someone during a contest.

Gavain

> Don't forget that the winning of a group contest requires the accumulation of 5
> RP from a single opponent/hero, which wasn't the case in HQ1 everyone took APs
> from the same pot when ganging up on a single opponent.

Good point, I think this is the driving factor behind the "point man" tactic.

Sometimes getting the multiple opponent opponent penalty is worth having multiple attackers.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein