Re: Ogres

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_IrVkO2_vFzp7uQkHEF4BJx2H4V7MHSEJX7RqIHMGfb8osG3Og2OtTZfId0gmjKiOheZ>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:03:43 -0400

Yes, there are a number of "OK" cannibal groups in Glorantha -- well, not Chaotic at least -- the Gors, especially Maran Gor, practice cannibalism in a ritual way, and the Uz do so to some extent as well. I think the idea is that, if you are doing it as a ritualized copy of your gods' actions, you are insulated from Chaos. What makes humans ogres in eating other humans for meat rather than for ritual.

Peter