Re: Wanted Ducks

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_WJXqgpuvnRx8ko39NyOr5gkY-zBjIHKMwgocOOYBRzUm5kEeOZxh6mfcCAoPM6cuQx3CZ>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:47:55 -0700

> What was that other range called "Dragonforge" or something like that that
> did the Morokanth, the Argan Argar beetle caravan and Sable Riders as well
> as the Ducks? They had a Humakti Sword Drake and other warrior Ducks. I
> know Steve Tricket was the sculptor.

That'd be the Tabletop Miniatures, from Wales. (I previously mentioned them as Tabletop Games). . They seem to be out of business, and I can't find what happened to the Gloranthan molds.

The quality of the figures varied widely, as did the size - the Lunar Sable Riders were huge, much more than even "heroic" 28mm, more like 32mm.

The ducks were a bit taller than the Chariot or Citadel ducks, but much, much wider.

I've put up another comparison shot at:
http://lightofaction.com/Gallery_Figures_Ducks.html

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterances of a depraved imagination.