Re: Timinits

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_6VrKU1wCaeih_v-CxwpOqc9nnTYAV0Kwvp0wElzFS9gytwVLVq3NfqDWbAhsgl5oH2->
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:06:40 +1300

On 9/26/2010 1:21 AM, giannieanna wrote:

> Now, the 3rd Age sources (i.e. RQ3) seem to imply that there aren't
> that many Timinits.

There's plenty of Timinits in Jrustela (a tribe of Mymidrons is too close to human settlements for their liking) and the Kumanku Isles (which has a whole Island of them).

In Pamaltela, the most prominent Timinits would be the Lucan beetle people which are probably encouraged by the humans to chew away at the Aldryami woods (particularly around Vralos). They aren't described in Missing Lands which I interpret as an oversight.

> The 2nd Age Mongoose material on the contrary
> insists on Timinits, but they look more like weird good guys than bad
> guys.

I think that was due to God Learner experiments on their intellect. Now they're gone, their true faces (and nefarious intentions) are more apparent.

--Peter Metcalfe