Re: Giant Sales Duck ?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_gEbSRUaRsCwJjarSJH5QX805BAL0UvIJoPpf1WXmahrottLORm6xd40sVAI-7g6c>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:50:17 -0000

> So you play using 1/72 miniatures and you had to face a
> giant salesduck in front of a vadeli church ?

I don't really know what scale the minis are on. We just use them to show what we're doing, so that we can remember after getting off topic. The sales-duck was technically a guard. We used a loophole to get past him, which -- in retrospect -- seems mythically appropriate for an insurance duck.

> That sounds exciting.

The Vaedli part got a little too exciting. We found out what they were summoning: Shub-Niggurath. (We ran.) But, going back to a topic not too long past, they explained to the king that they actually had a really good reason for doing so. Apparently, there's a crack in reality on our island and the Black Eater is trying to come in through it. So, they are using Shub-Niggurath to convert their criminals into human centipedes that they feed to Black Eater to keep him sated. (Our Vadeli always seem to achieve a noble objective by the worst possible method.)

Naturally, our own plan to defeat the Black Eater is a model of discretion and moderation. Nothing at all like attempting to incarnate the only person who ever beat Black Eater. No, nothing like that at all. Nothing happening here. Just move along.

Chris