Giant Dark Sales Duck of the Woods with a Thousand Youngs ?

From: hcarteau_at_OG8iPmRog6R3tm_jQ5dZH6m0D3itwoREbMJfJntLfHu_CKX8DXkZ6ouBRkS_JnfUopB
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:28:51 +0200

> The Vaedli part got a little too exciting. We found out what they were
> summoning: Shub-Niggurath. (We ran.)

/// Yes, good thinking.

But, going back to a topic not too long past, they explained to the king that they actually had a really good reason for doing so. /// I love the way the vadeli are handled in this campaing. Always a good justification. I can picture wringing their hands and explaining that...

Apparently, there's a crack in reality on our island and the Black Eater is trying to come in through it. So, they are using Shub-Niggurath to convert their criminals into human centipedes that they feed to Black Eater to keep him sated. (Our Vadeli always seem to achieve a noble objective by the worst possible method.)
/// So if I understand correctly, they feed this black eater thing with humans (whom they call "criminals", but what's a criminal to vadeli) while summoning Shub-Niggurath to fight it/him ? Is that right ?

> Naturally, our own plan to defeat the Black Eater is a model of discretion
> and moderation. Nothing at all like attempting to incarnate the only person
> who ever beat Black Eater. No, nothing like that at all. Nothing happening
> here. Just move along.

/// Yes, well, enquiring minds would love to know what "your own plan" is. Discretion and moderation are strong bywords for all roleplayers worth their salt. Huzzah for discretion. So, do tell us a little more...