Age of Glorantha: now available for full digital download

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_krWH3TNFV_V9g1iA65t_3TVwyh9YPvTlafE4mcjUAMnSEYU0V4fZfCU1N19xoAf8U>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:35:03 +0200

  Hello pals,

I am sure that not many of you have tried "Age of Glorantha", my Total Conversion for Triumph Studios' award-winning game Age of Wonders. The reason is simple: the base game was 3 year old when I released the Glorantha module, and it was very difficult to find a legal copy in many countries, so I doubt many people gave it a try.

However, thanks to the Digital Delivery Services for PC games, now all Gloranthan fans with a Windows PC and Internet access will have the opportunity to play it for $10 (which go to Triumph Studios, not to me or Issaries, just to make it clear - you pay for the base game, the Glorantha add-on is free, although officially licensed by Issaries).

Just go to

http://www.impulsedriven.com/aowsm

and purchase the game on Impulse. The impulse software needed for the download is free and harmless. You can also find it on www.gog.com for the same price, and at some point it will also be on Steam. I recommend you purchase the $20 bundle with the other two episodes (they are great strategy games) but you only need the Shadow Magic episode to play in Glorantha.

Now go to the Age of Wonders fansite at HeavenGames (if you played Age of Empires you should know it, as it is the place where Sandy used to discuss AoE with fans) and
download the following, completely free add-ons:

Unofficial patch v.1.4

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=661

Age of Glorantha

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=781

Install patch (only use it if you cannot install due to problems with Vista or Windows 7)

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=791

The whole procedure should take about 1-2 hours if your connection is not sluggish, probably much less.

Now install everything (write to me if anything does not work for you) and behold: you can play Dragon Pass on your PC. Yeah, it plays on the same map as the game from the seventies, and you have almost all the units that were in that game: Harrek, Gunda, Jar-eel, Argrath and the Emperor, Jaldon, Cragspider and her Black Dragon, Delecti and the Hordes of Zombies, dinos, the Dwarf and the Stone Men, Sir Ethilrist, the Black Horse Troops and the Hound, the Full Moon corps, Ducks and Beast men, and of course the Inhuman King and plenty of Dragonewt Priests - plus some new surprises that were not in the original boardgame like Sigron and the Sazdorf trolls, plenty of Telmori, Mynaryth Purple and Forang Farosh, Kallyr, Bina Binag and Pikat Yaraboom, Julan and Anderida of the Coders, King Broyan, Rinliddi avilry, flying moonboats, spider-mounted trollkin, and - okay, I put so many Gloranthan goodies in this that I must have forgotten something. Ah, yes, look out for Snakepipe Hollow: Broos come out of it, and sometimes even worse things...

Enjoy.

Paolo