Re: The first french orlmarth clan creation

From: Eric Vanel <eric.vanel_at_CwiLtBiQ99IFGIfP45_DMb4JFCp5r43XksYx2YTPdfqEw-WOU65eBaOjCwu2u4wJU>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 20:44:14 +0200

The clan creation exercise is always a great time. I am very satisfied about our Orlmarth, and is about to propose you the wyter abilities related to below events. Thanks Hervé for this summary pointing out the ambiguous role of the Fire. I like the way you tell the story.

Eric

  Howdy,

  Yesterday we started Eric Vanel's first 100% french Colymar campaign, with a   group of 5 middle-aged men, a majority having founded their own bloodline. And   the questionaire yielded some surprising answers.

  "Our most ancient ancient ancestor favored Ratslaff over all other Powers. Our   first ancestral exploit was the taming of the Lowfires, and we made the forosto   jann (the deadly archers, remnants of a sun people) our cottars. That is why   Lightfore became our most ancient ennemy.   Later Garan fell to earth on our lands and we followed him because he had   refused Lightfore's orders. Our disorderly ways were both a boon and a curse,   having us always hesitating whether Fire was good or bad.

  During the darkness, we followed the ways of Kolat, which made us friendly with   the praxians, our old allies and chaos killers as we were. But then our   ancestors made a mistake and followed the way of lokomoko. They erred for a few   generations and stood aside when the monster arkat came. Even today, our   spiteful ennemies like to rub it in, saying our ancestors were traitors to   Orlanth. They don't live long to say it, but it's a stain, a bright blotch on   our proud History.

  During the EWF, our ancient ennemity with reptiles made life difficult for our   ancestors, and it made it even more heroic for them to cross the deathline after   the hated Belintar ruined our traditions. Again we had to face the bad fires and   became ennemies to the hated horse-spawn. We settled on the starfire ridges for   several reasons : to make a surprise attack from the horse-spawn more difficult   for them and to be close to the place where a Star Captain like our Garan landed   on this world. But again, the bad fires were there and we helped their victims,   the ghosts of the cinder pits, to hold our ancient ennemy at bay.

  When the red moon folks came from the north, we barred them from entering our   lands. We fought with Tarkalor at Grizzly Peak using our wits as well as our   might, and most of our warriors came back from this disaster. After the   invasion, we bade our time, waiting for the right time to fight again. We stood   aside from clans bickerings and tended our sheeps, taking a few shots at passing   horse-spawns.

  Then the bad fires manifested again, having possessed a big-mouthed woman called   Kallyr. She bore a bad fire jewel on her brow and we knew she was a wrong woman,   who'd betray the orlanthi one way or the other. Our elders said she could be a   new loko moko and we told the lunars of her plans. Even then a few of our young   warriors went with her in 1613 (two PCs) ; they do not seem to have realized   that Kallyr is bad fire again !"

  So as you can see we have a complicated history, with a dual attitude to Fire. I   think we always hesitate between fighting and welcoming a new Fire, not knowing   whether it's good or bad. We do not hate lunars blindly, we even help them from   time to time. But some of us were horrified when we met King Khangarl.

  It's going to be an interesting campaign...