Syphon river and chaos

From: Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_tCTfWn4tzao-cXusa9ccEXwjhMeCUyykpEVnpoRxwvdO4WnxZNYZLwoQQbzvbd48>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:47:40 +0100

Hi folks, hoping to tap people's collective knowledge, though not for magic points. I've been trying to understand the Syphon River as at different times its uphill path is described as either chaotic or because it didn't change direction when Magasta tried to plug the hole left by the spike. I'm wondering if there is anything canonical on this front.

I'm particularly interested in the river in the second age so if there is anything there I would love to be pointed to it. Also I have noticed that the Footprint seems to have disappeared in Mongoose's second age material and attempts to ask why haven't been answered. I'm assuming that this is simply a mistake on their behalf unless the footprint has a more complicated life than I realised. So if anyone knows more, I would love to know.

The reason for this is that I ran a one-off adventure up the river for players last year and am considering writing it up for Living Glorantha but I would like to ensure that my Glorantha-fu is strong on this.

For the record my take on it was that there is a river of gorp crawling out of the footprint which is being held back by the Syphon's efforts and that the balance between chaos water and pure water shifts and changes with time.

Thanks
Bruce