Re: Syphon river and chaos

From: Jeff <richaje_at_kxXa2eM9nk24pKbtClmqH4sJ84j7rciIemHITGXiEYJiyj1Tjr2t3l-bm29RYQ766xtv>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 08:33:53 -0000

> Hi folks, hoping to tap people's collective knowledge, though not for magic
> points. I've been trying to understand the Syphon River as at different
> times its uphill path is described as either chaotic or because it didn't
> change direction when Magasta tried to plug the hole left by the spike. I'm
> wondering if there is anything canonical on this front.

The Orlanthi of Heortland have always held the Syphon to be an evil river. They say it was cursed by Magasta. The Print is known to be a Chaos lair by the Orlanthi.

> I'm particularly interested in the river in the second age so if there is
> anything there I would love to be pointed to it.

History of the Heortling People mentions it and the Footprint in several places. A full description of it in the Second Age is on page 63.

> Also I have noticed that
> the Footprint seems to have disappeared in Mongoose's second age material
> and attempts to ask why haven't been answered. I'm assuming that this is
> simply a mistake on their behalf unless the footprint has a more complicated
> life than I realised. So if anyone knows more, I would love to know.

Greg and I both have plenty of material showing it there in the First and Second Age, so whatever Mongoose material you are looking at is wrong.

Jeff