Re: Alakorings, Heortlings and the others

From: Jeff <richaje_at_tJKlOOH2qUFry0mAdiG51CkJduRyFmuBtJJuUCo-oARY9lTAb0KcwzijZSL4QdcgwJRC>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:29:10 -0000

> I don't think I've ever seen any overview of the different sorts (tribes?) of Orlanthis out there. I have a hard to keeping them apart. Anyone know of a summary of how Alakorings differ from Heortlings from Hendreiki from God-knows-whom?

OK, these are the biggest obvious differences between the nations: 1. They speak different Theyalan languages. The Heortlings (basically Hendrikings of Heortland and Sartar) speak southern Theyalan dialects (similar to Esrolian). The Alakoringites speak Northern Theyalan dialects with many borrowing from Dara Happan, Talastaring, Carmanian, New Pelorian and so on.

2. For over two hundred years the Heortlings had no significant non-Theyalan human influences. The Alakoringites of Peloria have seven hundred years of significant Dara Happa, Carmanian and Lunar influences.

Smaller less notable differences is that all Heortlings still perform the ancient initiation rites of the Second Son, while many Alakoringite tribes perform their own initiation rites (many adopted during the wars against the EWF).

As for personal appearance, both are tattooed (using many of the same symbols), but Alakoringite fashion is more likely to be influenced by the Oslir valley lowlanders.

Does that help?

Jeff